The National Winter Activity Center (NWAC), Vernon, NJ is seeking a Program Director to oversee and manage the competitive programs segment of its comprehensive deliverable “Elev8”. NWAC offers Elev8 Learn and Elev8 Compete Alpine, Snowboard and Nordic programs for school age youth. The Program Director is responsible for aligning the Elev8-Compete programs with the mission of NWAC, establishing program philosophies, designing the structure, leading and evaluating the staff, and developing student-athletes through a comprehensive athlete-development program.
• We are located in Vernon NJ.
• We are a U.S. Ski & Snowboard Bronze level podium certified club.
• We host FIS, Eastern training projects, U.S. Ski &Snowboard races and upper level races at our facility.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be responsible for developing quality training environments for athletes at all levels (recreational, high school, US Ski & Snowboard through FIS) that elevate the athletic experience.
• Managing and overseeing all aspects Elev8-Compete programs at NWAC including: hiring and managing coaching staff, overall on-snow program direction and content, budgeting and operating finances, event calendaring and execution, on-snow late fall camps and competition travel.
• Implement strong and effective communication with stakeholders including athletes, parents, staff members and alumni. Communication includes introductions of athletes and families to programs, fundraisers and events as well as outreach to prospective families.
• Assist CEO with regards to training/competition venue use and development, overall program development, budgeting and staffing.
Candidates must possess strong communication skills to ensure effective athlete management and parent engagement. Final job description, duties, and compensation to be determined based on qualifications and experience of candidate. Candidates should contact Shannon Garrity (Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org) with interest.