Ikon Pass Adds Partner Resorts, Releases Pricing and Pass Options
SAM Magazine—Denver, Feb. 22, 2018—After months of speculation by industry folk and consumers alike, we now know how much the Ikon Pass will be, where it provides access to, and how often.
Details about the pass options were released along with the news that SkiBig3 (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Mt. Norquay in Alberta), Revelstoke, B.C., and Sugarbush, Vt., have all been added as partners on the pass, bringing the total access to 25 “destinations,” not including CMH Heli-Skiing and Summer Adventures.
The “destination” designation follows a similar model taken by the Mountain Collective, where nearby resorts—Alta and Snowbird in Utah, for instance—are considered one destination.
“We continue to curate like-minded partners for the Ikon Pass,” said Erik Forsell, chief marketing officer of Alterra Mountain Company. “The addition of SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Sugarbush Resort brings tremendous value to the Ikon Pass, and expands access in Canada and the East Coast.”
The 2018-19 Ikon Pass goes on sale March 6, 2018. There are two primary options. Each has several value-add benefits and provides different levels of access to different resorts, but here are the basics:
Ikon Pass, $899:
• Unlimited access to 12 destinations, including Powdr’s Copper Mountain and Eldora in Colorado.
• Seven days at Jackson Hole, Big Sky, Killington, Sugarbush, Revelstoke, and Deer Valley.
• Seven total days at four different destinations, each comprising multiple nearby resorts: Alta/Snowbird, Aspen Snowmass, etc.
• Zero blackout dates.
Ikon Base Pass, $599:
• Unlimited access to eight destinations. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows has 10 blackout dates.
• Five days at the same seven-day resorts as Ikon, plus Steamboat, Mammoth, and Stratton. All with 10 blackout dates.
• Five total days at the four different multi-resort destinations. All with 10 blackout dates.
Both passes offer “early booking privileges” for winter and 10 percent off summer reservations with CMH Heli-Skiing and Summer Adventures.
The Child Pass for kids 12 and under is available for $149 when purchased with an adult Ikon Base Pass, or $199 with an adult Ikon Pass. They are only available to buy through April 9.
See all the details at www.Ikonpass.com.