SlopeFillers On SAM
SlopeFillers On SAM features past and present blog posts each week of marketing guru, Gregg Blanchard. Having worn many different marketing hats before entering skiing, Gregg provides a fresh perspective on the industry, sharing his ideas, insights and analysis for winter resort marketers. Whether it's an in-depth post on Google analytics or a rant on social media let-downs, Gregg's reviews and commentaries are thought-provoking, at the very least.
Gregg Blanchard—April 24, 2015
I’ve done this a few times now, but with a gap of two years since the last round I figured another “100 Resort Websites” would be a good way to lead into (re)design season.
This time, however, I did things a tiny bit differently.
Gregg Blanchard - March 30, 2015
Last week Squaw Alpine launched an intriguing new season pass concept. The idea was fairly simple: if you don’t use your pass enough to be worth it one season, we’ll give you a credit toward your season pass the next.
Gregg Blanchard - March 20, 2015
I was once marketing a product that only sold in any significant numbers for three months out of the year.
The rest of the year, interested visitors poked their nose through my site with behavioral patterns that clearly indicated interest, but no matter what I did, I would go weeks, sometimes months without an order.
Gregg Blanchard -- March 18, 2015
Since the beginning of SlopeFillers, I’ve been playing with an idea I called, rather unexcitely, the Custom Website Experience.
By letting the visitor tell you who they are, an engine behind the scenes would create a custom experience of information, copy, and offers that was perfectly relevant to their needs.
Gregg Blanchard - March 2, 2015
Instagram is growing like crazy. Still.
Resort follower/fan counts on Twitter and Facebook are, as much as the word fits this situation, “maturing” with growth that is very similar to one another and very conservative even for the rapid way social media continues to filter through our society.
More Articles ...
- This is Exactly the Perspective I Believe Resort Marketing Videos (and Messages) Need to Take
- Did Violets Hardware + Software Home Run Create the Best Resort Webcam Ever?
- GBOP: Even the Most Complex Marketing Systems All Start with One, Simple Thing
- I Have a Dream, That One Day I'll Buy a Lift Ticket On Your Site and This Will Be the Process
- A Clever Tactic from Real SkiFi to Get Extra Video Views Long After the Initial Release
- My Resort Marketing Predictions for 2015: The First, Big Affiliate Push by a Ski Resort