- FAMILY FRIENDLY TERRAIN & ENHANCED LEARNING TERRAIN
This workshop will teach participants about the evolution of terrain park progression, terrain park department cultures and the business of terrains parks and action sports. The session will discuss guest trends, industry trends and how the "terrain park" has now become a band name. It will also address the future of parks, enhanced terrain (Ninjago vs Elmo) and how to implement change.
- BUSINESS OF PARKS & PARK METRICS
Your park program is like running a business. You have to create a plan, collect and use data, communicate that plan to your team and management, allocate a budget and implement the plan. Industry veterans, Mike Bettera and Kevin Laverty of Effective Edge, will take campers through the why of developing a progression, sustainable, business-driving program, designed to achieve and keep your competitive edge.
- NEW! PRO ACADEMY OPERATOR TRAINING
Cutter's Camp has partnered with Pro Academy to offer a first in the industry facilitated training module specific to Terrain Park Operator Training. This 2.2 module is debuting at Cutter's Camp and will provide knowledge for operators running equipment in terrain park applications, from the initial planning stages to the components of the build, to final grooming and maintenance. Additional content includes an overview of feature components, terminology and safety, efficient operation of the machine along with pro tips from many experienced builders. Campers who elect to participate in this arrival day session will receive a Pro Academy certificate and take home a discount code for operators at their home resorts to participate in additional Pro Academy online training modules. This session will be conducted by a certified Pro Academy trainer and is offered only to campers at a deeply discounted price ($99).
- PRINOTH FIRESIDE CHAT
We open camp with our Prinoth Fireside Chat where world leaders of freestyle terrain share their stories, advice, and insights into making park operation a career. One of our special guests will be Charles Beckensail. Charles travels the world as a terrain park builder and consultant for some of the best skiers and snowboarders. Previously he has built parks full-time at Thredbo, Perisher, Whistler and Squaw Valley.
- ASTM RESOURCE GUIDE UPDATE / JUMP MEASURMENT
Members of the Terrain Park Resource Taskforce will share the latest news and updates on the ASTM standards for jump measurement and terrain park design. Park experts will then lead the group through best practices and tools used to measure two popular features — a step down and a hip.
- STAFFING: How to attract, develop, and retain machine operators. We will look at several case studies from resorts who have established a tiered system to train and check off skill sets that lead to better operators.
- COMMUNICATION: Communication is a soft skill that can often get overlooked. In this seassion experts and industry leaders will share what they have learned and the in's and out's of effective communication whether it's communicating with marketing, mangement, or across departments.
- EVENTS: How to use park events as a tool for growth and inspire the stoke that leads to lifelong participation in winter sports.
- RISK MANAGEMENT: The in's and out's of policy and procedure will be examined with experts from leading insurance companies and ASDA attorneys. Topics will include the main areas that impact terrain park litigation including education, warning, design, construction, maintenance and supervision.
- ONE ON ONE COACHING: Back by popular demand, the intensive one-on-one on-hill coaching gives each camper a concentrated block of time building park on-hill with a top park builder. Campers have the opportunity to ask all their burning questions, get veteran tips and advice and hone their operating skills. Whether you have one year or eight years experience as an operator, you choose what you and your coach focus on. You are in the driver's seat!
- PARK MANAGEMENT & PLANNING: Campers will deep dive into a post-season assessment and pre-season planning for budgeting, staffing, training, fleet maintenance, events, and more.
- FLEET & SNOWDEPTH TECHNOLOGY: Advances in technology are changing the way terrain parks are built, groomed, and managed. It gives operators and managers more accuracy, accountability, and efficiency. In the classroom and in demos on-hill, we will take a closer look at all the technologies and tools available. Three of the leading fleet snow depth technology suppliers will be on-site providing real world case studies and demos.