New Hampshire Resorts Experienced a Big Rebound

2924 view(s)

Publish Date

06/13/2013

SAM Magazine--June 13, 2013--The 2012-13 season in New Hampshire was a success for guests and resort operators alike, reports Ski NH, which represents 33 Alpine and nordic resorts in the state. Alpine resorts recorded a total of 2,276,370 skier and snowboarder visits, a 20.9% increase from the prior winter and a 4.7% increase over the ten-year average. This number is the 5th best season on record for the state. Cross-country areas also had a very successful winter, hosting 151,276 visits, a 57.2% increase from the prior winter and a 14.8% increase over the ten-year average. Areas with snowtubing parks reported 113,058 snowtubing visits, a 23.4% increase from the prior winter and a 7% increase over the ten-year average.

Since 2000, New Hampshire has recorded 8 of its top 10  seasons showing the success and growth of skiing and snowboarding in the Granite State. New Hampshire businesses rely heavily on the industry. An economic impact study conducted after the 2009/10 season showed a total of $910 million dollars spent by guests visiting NH ski areas. Of that total, only 12% was spent directly at resorts, with the remaining 88% spent on visit-related expenses such as lodging, restaurants, gas, tolls, retail, and other.


Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

More information about formatting options

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.