"I just wanted to thank you for all that you have done this summer/fall to foster such vibrant and helpful collaboration between industry leaders. It is truly inspiring to be on a call knowing that our smallest mountains and largest resorts are wrestling with the same issues and working together to solve them." – Tom Butler, Sugarloaf
The past year has been a roller coaster and the future is still uncertain. So we're huddling, virtually, with fellow industry members to discuss the current situation and how best to proceed. Our goal for the Huddles is to keep our communication lines open and work on sharing so
Post-pandemic Planning: A Primer to Moving Forward
A year has passed since the world shut down, and we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. What lies ahead? The pandemic forced an altered perspective on how we live, work, and play. How much of this will remain once the world opens up again? And how can this inform your decision making as you consider near- and long-term plans for your operations?
Join us as we explore the predominant trends that are influencing conversations about the future. SAM's Publisher Olivia Rowan and SE Group's Claire Humber will moderate an exciting panel of guests who'll share fresh insight and expertise to help you plan your next steps.
- Stephanie Maez, Managing Director, The Outdoor Foundation. The Outdoor Foundation is the research and grant arm of the Outdoor Industry Association (OIA). Stephanie will take us through their much anticipated 2020 outdoor participation data which will help us look deeper into the growth of participation in outdoor recreation during the pandemic. OIA's special report called, The New Outdoor Participant (COVID and Beyond), explores what motivated these newcomers and offers strategies for retaining them, even after pandemic restrictions are lifted. Maez will also talk about how to make the outdoors more inclusive and welcoming.
- MJ Legault, Principal, Origin. MJ will speak about global consumer changes and their impact on your planning process. She'll touch on next steps to communicate with your customers and meet their new expectations.
- Regina Connell, Founder, Collective Work. Regina will share the results from a special SAM / Metric Centric customer sentiment survey conducted this winter season. "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 2020 deeply impacted how our customers feel and understanding customer sentiment will be critical to post-pandemic success.
- Steve Wright, President and General Manager, Jay Peak Resort, Vt.
- David Norden, CEO, Taos Ski Valley, N.M.
Summer Ops: Timing TBD
What will summer ops look like this year? We will share data on outdoor participation and customer sentiment around travel this summer. Operators will share plans for expanded activities such as mountain biking and low-skill activities aimed at new outdoor participants. We will also talk events, weddings, and group business.More Huddles are on tap. Stay tuned for more details.
Haven't seen the announcements? Please check your spam and/or email Sarah W. directly to inquire.
Selling Season Huddle:
Reality Check Huddle:
Snowsports & Rental Huddle:
"Lessons from Down Under" Huddle:
Download the signage examples from operations that have reopened for skiing and riding:
Download the signage examples from mountain bike operations:
SAM is providing frequent updates, guidance, and ways to connect about the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Update page for more resources and special reports. For email updates, sign up to receive Headline News, and, if possible, help support the voice of the mountain industry, SAM Magazine, with a subscription or gift subscription for someone in need. Together, #WeGotThis.