Dear SAM Readers,
What is the future of the mountain resort industry?
At SAM, we’ve asked ourselves this question every day since the magazine’s inception as a means of keeping our sights on what’s important. These are extraordinary times and we are being buffeted by overwhelming and historic events.
SAM’s role of serving as the voice of the mountain resort industry is as vital now as it has ever been. Keeping people informed, connected, and thinking about next steps is of the utmost importance. SAM offers many resources and focused content to help the mountain resort industry navigate these challenging times and stay connected. We’ve heard from many of you that these efforts have been helpful.
“SAM has been a beacon of light in uncharted territory and has acted with the utmost leadership to the industry. It’s almost as if you and your staff has gone through a similar episode as you immediately knew how to respond and guide the industry forward right from the start and continue to do so today.” —Tim Hendrickson, MountainGuard
Some of the resources we’ve put together include:
- Coronavirus Update webpage: Dedicated to news, special reports, and useful resources related to COVID-19 and the mountain resort industry.
- The Huddle: A weekly video conference where we connect industry folks to discuss issues and positive steps to remedying them.
- PodSAM: Our podcast channel. Download and listen to previous conversations and tips on dealing with the current crisis.
- The Magazine: Unique content in every issue to help resort teams identify the challenges ahead and steps to take to overcome them. From navigating technology upgrades and overhauls, to how to manage the rental process, ski & ride school, and F&B amidst COVID-19, managing staff, marketing during a crisis, and more.
- Headline News: Several times a week we report on news and happenings that impact our industry.
- Social Media: SAM’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter channels keep industry insiders up-to-date on the latest industry happenings.
However, these resources and content cost money to produce. A subscription to SAM helps support all of these resources. Please consider supporting SAM as a vital source of information to your resort team. A subscription to SAM is a small cost, but a big value.
Tell us about yourself! I am looking for:
What subscribers say about SAM:
Mike Kaplan, General Manager of Aspen/Snowmass, CO
"The ROI [of a SAM subscription] is typically realized with the implementation of one small idea, or the reduction in research time spent by staff on items that are covered by articles such as summer activites, the lift survey, or something else we are working on that has been covered by SAM."
Trevor Bird, General Manager of Hilltop Ski Area, AK
"I appreaciate everything you guys are doing to get information into our hands to help make decisions for the upcoming season."
Kris Blomback, General Manager of Pats Peak, NH
"SAM is a great forum where people can "trade" stories back and forth. I use the magazine and website almost everyday to help smooth our operation. As soon as that new issue hits my mailbox, everyone knows not to come interrupt me until I have finished reading it!"
"Cutting edge information, fresh and informative! Much more then a magazine, a large contributing partner to our industry."
"SAM serves as a touchstone for ski area operators. It reminds us of our successes and failures -- opportunities that have been capitalized upon and also those that have slipped through our fingers. It remindss us to value our people, which I think is important."